scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2008

alphabets...

As you can see I stitched the lower g from the new applique alphabet! These letters are SO CUTE!! They come in 3, 4 and 5 inches, upper and lower case, plus numbers 0-9. I have found with applique alphabets that the stitching is slightly imperfect - the stitching is all computerized. When I say imperfect I mean that the satin stitch is not as thick as I'd like for it to be. The satin stitch is the final stitch around the design. No matter how close I trim the fabric, there are loose threads b/c the satin stitch isn't thick or wide enough. I trim all loose thread of course! Some designs have nice thick fat satin stitching and some don't!!

Regardless, these letters are CUTE all alone or with a name monogrammed across it which I have done w/ my chunkier alphabet.

I also did the giraffe which is absolutely adorable!!

Feel free to e-mail me with any questions!

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com