scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

2 NEW AC DESIGNS...

I listed the RAIN BOOTS Friday night and we're working on listing the LAWNMOWER! We had a size problem with the 6x10 (digitizer error) and just haven't had time to fix it and get it listed! I had good response on Facebook on both of these, and especially the rain boots because you could do so many things with cute fabric!
Jeff played in an annual member guest golf tournament this weekend and we sent our kids to my mom's on Wednesday afternoon, so we've had a wonderful carefree long weekend! It's amazing not having kids in the house - no laundry, no dishwasher running, not having to pick up the couch cushions or 500 crayons one single time! I spent a lot of time lounging at the pool and we had parties Fri & Sat nights. It was fabulous! They are back and we certainly missed them, but it's good to have a "staycation" once a year with no kids while staying at home! I highly recommend it! Tomorrow we start a crazy fun week of VBS at my church! I'll be in the craft room all week with 3 yr olds to Kindergartners and will be totally exhausted by Friday! It's always fun and I'm looking forward to it!

I am really enjoying my time off! I have 4 things to do for my sister in law this week, and 3 more for my neighbor for an event at Browder's school which won't be til mid July. I may have 1 other shirt to do for someone and other than anything I do for my kids, VACATION!! We are working on Applique Cafe designs and that's it! I NEEDED THIS!

So the oil spill is really a MESS! We spend a week each summer in Seagrove with my whole family, and we now have to make the decision whether or not to go or cancel! :( We're scheduled for a week in July and I'm sure the oil will have made it's way to there by then! I'm SO SAD!! I grew up 1hr 15 min from the beach and am devastated that it is going to be covered in oil! I'm having a hard time even imagining how bad it really is! I know TV doesn't do it justice. So so sad for those people who LIVE there and their livelihoods depend on it. Needless to say, I don't think you could pay me to buy gas at BP!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Kate Phillips said...

I can't believe that you vacation in Seagrove too...that is where my husband I met and we visit at least two times a year! We always make a special trip to Bruno's Pizza with our girls because that is where we had our first dinner date! I am absolutely DEVASTATED over the oil spill too. Sure hope they come up with some sort of solution QUICKLY!

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com