scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WIWW

First of all, I LOVE ORANGE!!! Green is my absolute favorite color (I gravitate towards anything and everything green). Next to green is orange! Not so much for decorating and I personally don't wear it a lot, but I love to use orange in appliques. There is a precious kids clothing line that is actually out of Montgomery and every now & then I hit their overstock sales held at My Kids Attic. They also have Facebook sales but I like to get stuff ON SALE! Anyway... these are ruffle pants I got at their last sale, coupled with an Old Navy shirt, orange bow and these orange & white polka dot PJ's (which I ADORE). My sweet friend so graciously sold me all of her daughter's look-like-brand-new hand-me-down PJ's this summer so Mallory has them in orange/white dots, brown/pink dots, pink/hot pink dots and red/white dots. I LOVE THEM ALL! 
 Here are 2 shirts I did yesterday - I really like the Fabric Finders houndstooth fabric (this is brown). Something a little different than the usual gingham? I love brown and red together too. I cut off part of the princess carriage (because I'm still using my 55-250mm lens). I called last week and my other camera lens is still at the hospital! :( I have to get way far away of anything to take a picture!
 And now... this is totally random, but a friend of mine introduced me to a site called The Pleated Poppy. If you look at her BLOG, she does this thing called "What I Wore Wednesday" (aka WIWW). I LOVE reading her blog and find myself sucked in to all the other cute blogs linked to hers, but today I realized that A) it was Wednesday and B) why not take a photo of myself in the mirror and post it and PLAY ALONG!! Not a great looking face I have there while trying to take a photo with my ZOOM lens, but anyway...
white shirt - marshalls
lavender top - anthropologie (clearance rack)
jeans - gap
tan suede flats - old navy
cross necklace - Forever 21

Today I have worked all day (applique shirts), so basically I got dressed to come back home to work! Side note: I actually wore this for about an hour yesterday (for lunch w/ Jeff and kids), so I confess that I put it back on today! Check out The Pleated Poppy! She also makes cute stuff seen in her store. I don't know if I'll take a photo of myself every day, but it is kind of fun to participate!

We showed our house again this week. Not much going on! We are going to see another house tomorrow (our first time looking at anything). We have a house in mind we want to buy, but are looking for some sort of "Plan B" for my peace of mind. Everything is, of course, based on the selling of the current house. Exciting and scary! 

I'm working non stop (not really) trying to get as much work done as I can before Thanksgiving. Will finish up what I lack right after Thanksgiving. I will be taking 5 or so days off to enjoy Thanksgiving and will evaluate my orders the 1st of December. I've gotten a few packages of shirts in the mail this week and am still working on some non-Christmas items. T minus 35 minutes til I'm "off work" for the day, so back to work!

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com