scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Fabric Websites


One of my customers brought me some shirts to do and had some of the cutest fabrics! She forwarded me this list of the websites she looked at/bought from, so I thought I'd post them. I looked at a few of them but have not gone through the whole list yet! I'm also a big fan of www.etsy.com if you know what to search for (name brands, etc). Where I live we have a couple of great stores where you can buy good fabric, but it's not always convenient to get to them to shop!Of course our Hancocks, Hobby Lobby and Joann are hit or miss. Anyway, take a look at these and I'll try to sort through them and possibly add a permanent list to my blog! I like www.fabricworm.com too which is not listed!

mysouthernbaby.com (CUTE STUFF)
thesmockingbird.com (website under construction?)
I did a quick inventory before dinner tonight and right now my load is approximately 77 items. I managed to do 9 shirts today. Now... if I could do 9 every day I'd be in good shape! But... some days I'm lucky to do 2 and some days I don't do any! Some of the 77 I've had for a while and need to work on ASAP, and some of it I just got this week. Regardless, 70something is A-L-O-T so I will continue the "ban" on new orders until I can knock some of this out (at least the old stuff). Thanks for your patience and e-mail me with any questions!

If you have any wonderful online fabric sources, please e-mail me at rosemarygulledge@knology.net! As I look at the above I'll add notes - so far I've looked at a few of them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are several yahoo groups that do fabric buys, threads, notions,etc, some ever do monag buys all at wholesale prices.

Keely Hollern said...

allbrands.com has a great selection of fabric finders brand fabric, lots of great ginghams, pique solids, and cute prints! They also have several other brands, but their ff selection is the largest!

Anonymous said...

Peanut Butter & Jelly Kids in Mobile is BEAUTIFUL one-stop shopping!! I drive from Hattiesburg MS just to go there. They have everything to complete a project without going all over the place you get what you need. It is SO worth the drive.

Anonymous said...

The Smocking Bird in Birmingham is wonderful - I have yet to find another store that has such a wide selection of quality fabrics that are perfect for children's clothes (from sweet floral prints to some of the more funky patterns). They also have tons of patterns (heirloom and modern), notions, you name it - in addition to some of sweetest most knowledgeable ladies to help you out. If you are in the area (or not) I highly recommend it!!

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com