scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Last Post...

For the 2 comments from yesterdays post, as of today:

1) Since the raggy flower (http://www.embroidery-boutique.com/) is a redwork stitching design, I shrunk it 50% and did not adjust the density! If it were a regular satin stitch design I probably would not shrink it down like that!
2) Sock Monkey fabric - I HAVE seen that fabric! I actually considered ordering some but haven't yet! Is it a regular cotton fabric?

And... do you have any idea where to find this fabric??
A customer is looking for some and not having much luck, and she even has all the info! Windham Fabric - Traffic Jam by Allison Jane Smith. There are several variations of it (another group of colors on Etsy) but she is looking for this color combo specifically - red, orange, blue, yellow & green stripes. E-mail me at rosemarygulledge@knology.net if you have any ideas! I'll pass along the info!

Also, last year I ordered a few Stephen Joseph backpacks if anyone is interested??

I'm doing a fabulous bible study on Fridays at my church - Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands and last night I read about DESIRE, which can turn in to all sorts of things, which can provoke anger, hurt, etc. when something gets in the way of your desire!! I'm realizing now why I get upset and stressed out so much! I put so much "desire" in to this business and pretty much let it take over my life! When things wouldn't go my way (like when I couldn't get any work done), stress, stress, stress! What rules my heart will determine how I respond to life!! This is a great book!!!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Yes the sock monkey material is just Moda cotton fabric...I have a picture of a burp with the sock monkey on it made out of the fabric on SewDreamy on facebook

Teresa said...

Yes the sock monkey material is just Moda cotton fabric...I have a picture of a burp with the sock monkey on it made out of the fabric on SewDreamy on facebook

Helena West said...

Lovely designs. Letter designs with different colors and font so awesome. You are great.Keep it up!

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com