scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

**MY NEW SCHEDULE**

Scheduling this dining room gig has always been a constant struggle for me! All of you who do this know that you can't just "leave it at the office", because for most of you the office is your dining room or some other room in your home (if you're lucky!). For me it's my dining room table, which is a blessing and a burden! The other night Jeff finally took over for me, removed all of my handy organized bins and spread everything out in our room! He has put me on a strict production schedule of 20 items a week (give or take 1) and we went a little further today and decided that I would only work on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays right now since my kids are at home with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will still check e-mail but am going to try not turning my machine on those 2 days of the week. Weekends - same thing! If it's pouring down rain and everyone is taking a nap, then I can turn it on and do a little work, but for the most part this "work" is not to take over my life 7 days a week like I've let it up until this point!

With that being said... I'm booked up for the next 2 weeks, therefore, any new orders I get will be put on my schedule for the week of May 10! Side note: Jeff's b-day is May 8, triplets nephew/nieces b-day is May 10, G's b-day is May 11 and our 9 yr anniversary is May 12, followed by B's b-day May 25. I hope to stick to 20/week during all the craziness but we'll see!

Today I was productive and was able to do 8 things! The theory is that once I get my 20 done for the week I'm DONE and get some time off! We'll see if I can stick to that! Anyway... it is worth a try and will hopefully help me to be less stressed out and spend more time with my kids, husband, cooking, reading and just enjoying being at home and doing things! Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand what you mean. It can definitely take over your life and before you know you are so enthralled in all that needs to be done...you don't even know that there is another life out there. I struggle with this everyday. It's a constant battle of balance. And like you said...you can't just leave it at the office. Even when you aren't sewing...it's always in the back of your mind and you know it's just around the corner waiting on you! I hope you can keep to your schedule...it will do you good as well as your family. thanks for all that you do for us!

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com