scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

NEW FABRIC!!

I have done the http://www.embroidery-boutique.com/ baseball glove A LOT lately! Here it is on a bib, but I must say I did it on the lime green Walmart Garanimals tee with blue & lime stitching on the ball and it turned out really cute - the brown on lime looked great!! I thought I took a picture of it but I can't find it!? I have another order for one so I'll take a pic this time!
Friday I was able to get out for a bit with money in my pocket to shop for spring clothes. Wouldn't you know I found NOTHING!! I was a little discouraged, so I decided to haul myself up to Beth's Heirloom in Wetumpka and go fabric shopping!! A friend of mine also gave me a bag of FABULOUS scraps on Friday, so I hit the jackpot on new fabric! Here are some pics of what I got! Nothing too exciting, but I did stock up on the Fabric Finders big ginghams - they are WONDERFUL to applique with!
I also got a few seersucker ginghams! Mallory has a little ruffle skirt (Castles & Crowns maybe?) with the lime & pink, so I plan to make a tee to match!
And... I got a few florals too. Beth's has a "scrap bin" with squares they cut from leftovers when they make their clothes, so they sell them for 50 cents! I got a few (the 2 on the right are scraps)!
Mallory also has some bloomers made out of the 2nd dot fabric, so I thought I'd applique something on a pink tee with it to match in addition to the A-line top that came with it. I LOVE ORANGE too, so I like the right floral which was a 50 cent scrap! I figured it might match the Target yellow dot shorts?

I have been busting out t-shirts the past few days!! I did 5 yesterday afternoon and I've done 8 so far today with one about to hit the machine! I also have at least 3 new samples for AC to test, but want to do them on tees for Mallory and of course Walmart nor Target had any plain white tees today in her size! :( We're going to try another Walmart after soccer tonight!

While I'm making progress, I'm continuing the "new order ban" for another week or two! We have a non-kids beach trip coming up and I still have quite a bit on my plate! Plus I'd love to do a few things for my kids in addition to Mal's samples! E-mail me with any questions!

The 30% off sale at http://www.appliquecafe.com/ lasts until April 15th, so Thursday!

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com