scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2009

A better week?

The photo below sums up my week last week. Yes, this is a picture of my computer screen after my heathen children got done banging on the keys. It took me a good 20 minutes to get it back horizontal. Last week coming off of vacation was not fun! All of the unpacking and washing clothes and re-programming my children to non-vacation mode (still working on that one) was too much! Not to mention I was slammed with embroidery work. Friday morning I went to a much needed bible study at my church and basically didn't turn my machine on the whole day! Saturday I did ONE shirt. After church and lunch yesterday I got back to work and am trying to work today. It was a rough week! I'm still trying to find a solution to my crazy work schedule. Do I commit myself to doing one PERSON's embroidery each day, whether it be 10 shirts or 3? I put a lot of pressure on myself to be fast, which in turn means I'm sitting behind this machine all day long and late in to the night. There has to be a better way!!
Last night didn't start my week off exactly right but I think it's going to be a better week regardless. Browder came in our room around 2 fussing that Garrison kept rolling over on him and banging his head. Easy - we told him to go get in his bed. THEN... Garrison appears at my side just as we fell back asleep wanting to get in our bed. Uh... NO! We don't do the kid-in-the-bed thing unless the sun is up on a Saturday morning! 2 hours later he finally went back to sleep. It was all out war! Other than that it's been an OK day and will hopefully be a better week!
>
I did get a couple of new monogramming supplies Friday - if your babies wore/wear Carters anything, it is the thin mesh-like backing they put on the back side of all of their embroidery work. It's called Dream Weave and I got the Floriani brand. Pretty expensive (30 bucks for a 30" x 3 yard piece) but I'm hoping it'll work and go a long way. I've tried EVERYTHING! I also got a press cloth, which is basically a piece of white fabric you use on top of anything you iron to protect your clothes and designs from the iron gunk. I also got iron cleaner! And today I stocked up on my Sulky stuff at Hancocks during their 40% off sale. Unfortunately all that money you pay me for monograms and appliques doesn't always go to new purses and shoes, a lot of it goes in to supplies! :(
>
I also got machine #1 back last week and it has made it's way to the table. I'm thinking of letting #2 rest and changing them out to see how #1 is working....

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com