scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Shirts are shipped!




























I took the picture of B & M this morning before school. Browder loves some Mallory!! It's so cute to hear him talk to her and he likes to hold her and tote her around (or should I say MOVE her when she's in to something)!! He just told me "when Mallory, when her shirt is all clean, and um, and she's clean and she smells good I like to love on her". Versus when she is covered in drool and spit up I guess??

I FINALLY finished the 19 shirts for Dance Connection Studio!! What a relief to have them shipped off. I had a fellow embroidery mom e-mail me about these shirts. If you're just getting started, or looking for business, it might be a good opportunity. Check with your local dance studios! For DCS I applique DCS on the front (see photo above) and put names on the back (and other names like so-and-so's mom, etc). Anyway, it has been fun to do but always a 'load off' to drop that big box off at UPS!
I added a new dino up top, and I also have another cute dino that I haven't sewn yet. The one up top has polka dots too, but with the polka dot fabric I left them off. I also revisited crochet appliques today (http://www.quiltware.com/). I did the cute giraffe on a layette gown for someone for a baby gift. These are so cute, and different! See above the boy & girl crochet apps I have at the moment! They are great on ANYTHING - t-shirts, onesies, burp cloths, bibs...
REGARDING THE CROCHET APPS, I HAVE ONLY BOUGHT THE SEW ON KIND. I JUST USE MATCHING THREAD AND STITCH IT ON. SO, I'M NOT SURE THE PROS AND CONS OF IRON ON VERSUS SEW ON?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love those crochet apps! I looked on the site and saw sew-on and iron-on. Have you tried both, and which do you like better?

The Cherry Tree 123 said...

Love those crochet apps. I went on the site and purchased a few. i love them. Do you sew on or iron on?

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com