scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Warning: this is a random blog!!

Why is it so hard to part with old towels? I've been pondering over this all week. Jeff & I are using the same towels we got as wedding presents over 7 years ago!!!!!!!! It's not like they were that wonderful to begin with. Just your standard brown (I think) towels from Dillards! I honestly can't remember what color they were as they are so faded now - brown or a dark khaki is my best guess. A year or two ago I decided I was going to buy new towels, a couple at a time. I bought 2 white nice towels, thinking white is good b/c I can bleach them. Those 2 lonely new white towels are in the bottom of our towel stack and we're still using our raggedy ole wedding towels. Why can't I just throw them away? We have a pile of decent white towels in the kids bathroom. Why can't I use those and trash the khaki ones? It's not like we ever have any guests!! Granmommy maybe once a quarter and she uses 1 towel. As of now they are stacked in the cabinet collecting dust. The boys don't use them - they use their cute kids towels. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and throw the tired old towels away and start using the white ones we have. That goes for the faded hand towels too! Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Robert, Lindsay, Lani and Ella said...

You might want to make sure they dry good first!

Anonymous said...

your too funny. i just recently did the same thing. now i dry my car after a wash or my husband uses our old wedding towels in the garage. i had white and now have kaki. have a great week! Heather

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com