scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Yard Sale!!

The yard sale was a success! The first picture is of Jeff amidst all of the STUFF at 5:30 a.m. when we opened the garage and "set up" shop! Shortly thereafter we saw headlights. Yes, our first customer rolled in at about 5:35 like it was completely normally to be up, dressed and SHOPPING at that hour! Surprisingly enough, I recognized this lady from my last yard sale - she had knocked on my door the THURSDAY before w/ a story about going out of town, wanting to "look". I love yard sales (having them, that is). It is such a HOOT to see the people and what they look at, how they haggle and what they buy!! We started closing down shop at about 11:30, had one last shopper buy a ceiling fan, then we closed the garage, grabbed a quick bite to eat at Chappy's and then went home and CRASHED! Jeff took the boys to watch the AU game Sat. afternoon and I was in "clean mode" so I cleaned the house. I mean moved furniture, vacuumed baseboards, etc. It feels good to be in a clean house that is EMPTY!! I really cleaned out. My favorite thing out of this whole yard sale was Jeff standing in the middle of the den Fri night looking rather startled as he says to me "uhhhh, I'm a little concerned that you are taking stuff off the walls to sell in this yard sale". I still laugh when I think about it!! Better get back to work - still SWAMPED!! I stayed up til 1 AM last night but just can't seem to get caught up!

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com