scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2009

Beautiful Friday!!

What a beautiful day! I have no pics to post today, as I posted earlier in the week I dropped my camera last Sun. night and my backup (aka my 1st digital camera ever) has been in the drawer so long it won't work either! So all I have is Jeff's Iphone which is in his pocket on hole #9 at Wynlakes. I can take pictures with my poor sad Razr phone, but have no clue how to get them OFF my phone. Momma needs an Iphone!! And and a new camera!!! And a new kitchen table!!! And my kitchen painted!!! And my carpet cleaned (Sunday that one will happen!)!!! Oh, And my closet cleaned out (another weekend project)!!!
*
I posted up top that I decided today to do a *limited* number of turkey shirts if anyone wants one! $14 with name (you provide the shirt). Just e-mail me. I do have some long sleeve white Rabbit Skin tees available too - sizes 3T, 4T and 5/6.
*
Wednesday I went by Peas in a Pod in Montgomery to check out their stuff and talk to the lady who owns it. Someone told me she welcomed outside embroidery work. Everything I saw looked great, and she does have bigger hoops than me. BUT, she also has to pay rent on her space by the popular Rave theater, so monograms are $10 and appliques range from $10-20 depending on the number of fabrics involved. So if you want a turkey with 6 fabrics, it's gonna cost you, whereas I suck it up and do it for $12. But, everything looked GREAT so if you are in Montgomery and can't wait for me, I recommend them!
*
Speaking of waiting for me, tomorrow I'm on the fence - go to the Auburn game with my family minus Mallory, or stay home and WORK!? I certainly could get a lot done, but would have to sacrifice a beautiful day in Auburn!! Wednesday my kids are out of school and are going to their Gigi's from 10:30-4:30, so I plan to have a sew-a-thon for sure. I would love nothing more than to knock most of my work out so I can do a decent amount for Christmas. I hate telling people 'no' and not accepting new work for weeks on end, but for my sanity it's the way things have to be for now!
*
No new fabric to report. A couple of new AC designs coming up. That's about it - back to work! Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Janay said...

HA! The end of that first paragraph could have come out of my mouth (except for the kitchen -- did get that painted this summer).
I enjoy reading your blog. You sound even busier than I am! It's crazy doing custom embroidery and taking care of my kids, but lots of fun! Good luck getting it all done. I can't imagine digitizing alongside all of that work. You are amazing! :)

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com