scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Designs and a January Sale!

We've just added 5 new designs to Applique Cafe! We're also offering $5.00 off your purchase of $20.00 or more through the end of the month as we add lots of new designs! The discount will appear in your shopping cart.


It really pained us to do this one, but it was a special request (HA HA)! Just kidding! Jeff is an Auburn grad but we did this one for the Bama fans anyway!! Luckily Hobby Lobby had this great houndstooth fabric! This one is done in 3 "sections" so that you can rotate the fabrics as needed (or not at all, just skip it). It's one final satin stitch in the end! You could also add the Alabama "A" (not sure where you get that?).

Here is a very simple train and I show it with initials and without. The sportscar and airplane have been great appliques, so this train is along those lines of simple and cute!


Lastly, the Tiara Frog! Shown on the right I left off the "dots" on top of the tiara. I think it looks like a crown? If you agree then you can use it for a boy too, with different colors of course. We're also working on a Birthday Frog!













I already have several new designs to test which will probably be listed sometime late next week. We've gotten tons of great requests so we're trying to work on those, as well as TRYING to crank out some EASTER!!

I've had several people e-mail me lately about Sew What Pro. I've been asked to compare it to other various merge software including the Monogram Wizard Plus upgrade that's relatively new. Honestly, I bought SWP a long time ago so basically, it's all I know! It was $65, I've used it so long that it's like second nature and I use it for EVERYTHING I do! All I know about the MWP upgrade is that is's over $100 I think and supposedly it will allow you to merge as well as add some new features to your existing MWP like moving stuff w/ the mouse, etc. I looked at http://www.needleheads.com/ last night and I couldn't find a bit of info on it?? I have NO knowledge of the other great softwares out there either (Palette, etc.). If you are just starting out and just acquiring all your software and stuff (and spending lots of cash), then I would recommend SWP b/c it's cheap and you can try it out for 30 days! That's my take on it, and again, one day they will pay me commission!! SWP: Here is a comment I got just now and wanted to share for those of you contemplating what to buy! "I have the mwp upgrade, and it's not that great! SWP is so much better...I downloaded the trial version, and used it a couple of times...I have PEDesign so I really didn't need it, but it will basically do everything PEDesign will do for a fraction of the price...I wouldn't recommend MWP extended features!"

There was something else I wanted to say, but it's left my brain... if I think of it I'll do another post... OH YEAH!!! I added a link to a new clothing line called Red Beans (link is on the left). These gals are in Baton Rouge I believe and Jeff & I worked with them on some of their applique designs! Their stuff is SUPER CUTE with some really neat and different fabrics! Not that I don't love Kelly's Kids, Ragsland and the 75 other clothes shows that are out there (they are all cute), but I like the idea of a new clothing line and getting some different stuff that not 5 other kids at your preschool are wearing too! Check it out: Red Beans! Tell Mollie I sent you!!

3 comments:

Keely Hollern said...

I have the mwp upgrade, and it's not that great! SWP is so much better...I downloaded the trial version, and used it a couple of times...I have PEDesign so I really didn't need it, but it will basically do everything PEDesign will do for a fraction of the price...I wouldn't recommend MWP extended features!

Nicole said...

Thanks for the sale!!! I just placed my order! Do you know any good websites that have good tutorials for beginners? I can do basic one color designs, but can't find anything about changing thread colors, etc.

Megan said...

Love, love, LOVE the frog! My 4 year old daughter is soooooo in to Princess and the Frog right now and I could not find anything like this before! will def have to get this one! So excited!

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com