scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

This and That!!

I got an order this weekend for 11 t-shirts, so today I hit 3 of the 4 Walmarts in Montgomery! I managed to find 6 out of the 11 I need, and also came across these $2 (!!!!!) Faded Glory t-shirts at the ATL Hwy Walmart for you Montgomery people. You can't beat $2, and that was the price on the tag (not on sale or anything). They also had plain navy & plain red for $2 (gray too). I bought one of each color of these for Garrison. Not sure what I'm going to do with them but for $2 I couldn't pass them up! Maybe a simple monogram, or maybe I can figure out an applique that might work!? I'll post a pic when I figure it out!

Here are the bibs I got in Friday - I have 6 of each color. This is a horrible picture, but you get the idea! I did the AC Owl on a pink one and posted it recently. These are great bibs! A simple red name on the blue would be cute too!

This is TOTALLY random, but I got these house shoes from Target for Christmas (WOO HOO exciting) and Friday I bought a brown backup pair b/c I love them so much!! Is that a sign of getting old? Having backup house shoes?? And they are on sale so the brown pair was less than $9!! I have worn these to take B to school and if I could get away with it, I would wear them just about anywhere!

Friday I also (literally) dusted off my sewing machine to do a burp cloth. This machine cost me about $99 on e-bay maybe 7 years ago? The bobbin part is taped on with packing tape b/c a piece broke off and it won't stay shut! It does what I need it to do!

Here is the bib/burp cloth set I did and I sewed the pink ribbon on, hence me dusting off my machine. This is the AC Bird. The font on the bib is Empire from Embroidery Arts - this is a GREAT font! I have their Empire and Circle font and they stitch out almost better than some of my MWP fonts!

I have 6 new designs I was supposed to sew this weekend while Jeff was hitting the slopes in Deer Valley, UT! He'll be back tomorrow and I'm just sitting down to do the FIRST one! Mallory came home Fri from school with a fever. We took a trip to the PED office Sat  morning and left with antibiotics and no real diagnosis (fever virus?). Sat & Sun she had fever pretty much constantly and we spent a lot of time on the couch snuggling!! I called the phone nurse this morning before my own Dr. appt. They called me back and I took her BACK in at 2:15. We left with a different antibiotic and a diagnosis this time of STREP! :( Poor thing!! She went to bed at 5:00 today! The boys are in the tub and my goal is to get them in bed by 7!

While I was at the PED office today I saw a little boy with a dinosaur t-shirt on - it happened to be our AC dinosaur!! THEN, I saw the cutest little girl with a birthday hat t-shirt on - it was our AC birthday girl hat!! How cool to see our designs on t-shirts!! I would have taken pics but figured the moms might think that was creepy! I've also run in to 2 moms at Target Friday and Burger King today who are blog readers! Always fun to be "recognized"!! I think most of the time people recognize my kids, then realize I must be Rosemary!! Thanks for saying "Hey"!! I'm off to do a little work until The Bachelor gets far enough along I can watch it faster on TIVO!

3 comments:

The Picardy's said...

What font is this on the bib? Thanks!

Liz said...

How are the Monag products? I saw them on your blog and another and may look into purchasing some of their items wholesale.

I love the tshirts from Walmart ! I have two boys and didn't see them..but will head back there again this week!

The Hensons said...

I bought those cute stripe shirts in every color too. I would love to see what you come up with. I have noticed lots of appliques on stripe shirts lately in Kelly's Kids, etc.

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com