scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Scissors and New Designs

I've gotten several comments and e-mails about embroidery scissors! Evidently I am behind on the times!!!! I got a couple of recommendations for "small single curved Gingher brand scissors". I'm not sure if that's the exact title? I googled them and saw a couple of different pair of curved scissors in the Gingher brand. They cost about $25 but I've been told it's well worth it and they are guaranteed for life! Sounds good to me! I guess Friday I need to go scissor shopping?

I added our 6 new designs to http://www.appliquecafe.com/ tonight! They are the top 6 on the right hand side of the blog. Our ART converter was super fast today!! I'm dying to do the Rocking Horse in a girly fabric with a bow on the neck!! And there are so many possibilities as far as fabric for the Teddy Bear (minus the heart)!

Browder has his first sleepover guest tonight! We took everyone to eat mexican and took the boys to the Dollar Tree (they each got $2)! Everyone is snug in the bed (except me - I'm actually sitting in a dark house?? Thanks Jeff)!! This morning I had to just about DRAG Browder out of bed at 6:40 to get ready for school. So 2 of the many reasons I am thankful for Eastwood School... I only have to drag him out of bed 3 mornings a week (for Kindergarten at least), AND, sleepovers in the middle of the week!! Now if it's raining in the morning and they sleep late it'll be PERFECT!!

Thanks to everyone for all the comments! I really enjoy getting feedback and knowing someone is actually reading my posts!! :)

5 comments:

Margie Walters said...

Hi Rosemary,

A friend of mine told me about your designs and I love them... then I discovered you were in Montgomery! Do you ever do classes or lessons on applique?

I am also glad you mentioned the Brother dealer in West Point. I have taken my machine to Susan's in Theodore a few times. They have great deals on thread, but it is definitely a drive for a repair!

Margie

Keely Hollern said...

Ok, I've already commented on how great those scissors are, but those are the EXACT ones I have, and they are worth the $$!!

Emilee said...

Rosemary,

I got my Gingher's half price with a coupon or maybe they were just on sale at Jo Ann that day. Either way I got a great deal and I could not do my work without them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosemary,

I learned long ago that all industrial cutlery manufacturers guarantee their products for “life”, so no need to pay $25.00 for a good pair of embroidery scissors.
You may want to check out http://www.jaeberly.com/id69.html for a number of different embroidery scissors, all at very reasonable prices.

Karen

Paper & Threads said...

Hey Rosemary... wanted to see what you thought of your new scissors. I have to get some new ones and thought I would check what you ended up getting and how you like them. Thanks for all your help!

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com