scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Joys of Potty Training!!

The younger 2 were a bit under the weather yesterday, so I took them both to the Dr this morning. Mallory still had a little fluid on her ear that we just finished treating like a week ago, so another round of antibiotics for her. Garrison coughed a lot yesterday, but the Dr said he was fine!! He has bad allergies and with the drop in temps, it's probably all of that! He hasn't coughed much today at all. Anyway, 2 copays and an Rx = budget buster!!
>
When we p-trained Browder, he did the potty part first and it took him weeks (maybe months) to do the #2 part. Garrison is the exact opposite! He's got the poop part down pat (when he wants to). Still in diapers and honestly we haven't seriously tried potty training him yet. Laziness. It's such a pain!! Regardless he's doing great telling us when he has to go #2. That would include in Target today as soon as we got in the door, got Mallory's cart cover all in place (which is hard to do w/ one hand) and got her strapped in. So I undo her, grab the cart cover and we make a dash for the bathroom. Of course the big stall is full, so the 3 of us cram in to a regular sized stall. I'm holding her while trying to wipe the seat, get G's pants and diaper off and get him on the potty. He touched everything in there and we sat there for 10 minutes. He had to know what every thing was, three times. Of course nothing comes out, and of course his diaper is a total loss, so when he says he's done I just pulled his pants back up and he was free-willy all over Target. He made it all the way through, shopping, waiting for an Rx, etc and I put a diaper back on him in the car!
>
We've got some time to kill, it's noon and we're all starving, so we go to our East side McDonalds. Not to be compared with any other McDonalds. This one is new and it's pretty nice! We get all settled in and are eating our lunch when G informs me again that "he's got to drop some poo poo". I kindly asked the booth next to me (moms w/ kids) to watch our stuff and again, the 3 of us dash to the bathroom and all hunker down in a stall. This time it was a success! YEAH!! Now, if I can just get him to pee we'll be all set! He'll be 3 May 11 so that needs to be my GOAL!! Of course then you get to that phase where they want to use every public restroom they can find, just for the heck of it...
>
After all that we got home and I got them all down for a nap including Browder, so I crashed for an hour. I haven't turned my machine on today! I did 16 shirts yesterday alone, so I think a day off is OK! Jeff took B to his soccer game - we stayed here in a warm house! I've got a girls dinner tonight at Jalapeno's so I'm just not getting anything done today! :(
>
I've had a couple of people comment on the "ad" thing from Oprah! I don't think you get to chose your ads. It would be great if I could advertise for places I love or shop at, but I'm not sure how they determine what to put on your blog. If you log on and see an ad or two, it means I've decided to try it. Still unsure about that venture...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your cracking me up! yeah, good luck with that potty training...my conner will be 3 in Nov. Don't see us heading down that road anytime soon! He could CARE LESS! Hope your doing well, Heather

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com