scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

VBS Week!

Here's a pic of Sista at the pool last night in her monogrammed swimsuit! Take a look at that belly!! I'm thinking we might need to go up a size in the ole swimsuit department!?

It's VBS week and as always, kinda crazy and tiring but lots of fun! I'm helping with crafts and the past 2 days we've had around 80 kids come through each day. Ages 3, 4, 5 & 6 or entering 1st grade. They are having so much fun - Browder said he "LOVES IT".

*

I am so very close to my vacation!! I technically lack doing 6 items before I can officially call it vacation. I have stuff on shelf #2 for post-vacation. It's questionable whether or not I will touch it before July 1 (or the week after next). I kind of think I need to take a good long break and detox from thread and fabric. It is so easy to get burned out when you work from home. I hear that over and over again from other moms who do embroidery (most of them on the dining room table like me!). Monogramming and applique is time consuming, tedious work!

*

I got an e-mail yesterday about the CPSIA laws regarding lead testing in children's items (ages 12 and under - toys, clothes, etc). I honestly didn't think it applied to me since I monogram on t-shirts from Target, but evidently it might. Of course I need a law degree to make sense of any of it. If there is anyone out there who understands it, please e-mail me! I've asked several people and either they haven't given it much thought or they were told not to worry about it just yet.

*

I'm full of pizza (Pizza Perfect buffet tonight) and going to bed early tonight. Oh, and the kids & I also have whiplash from Jeff trying to get a front parking space. Poor G & B had gotten out of their carseats in the parking lot thinking we'd easy breezy park the car. Next thing we know the both of them are laid out on the floorboard moaning! But... we got a great parking spot! :) I stayed up late last night watching The Bachelorette (arghhhh) on my TIVO and am pooped from VBS! Goodnight! OH... Rachel at EB is coming up on her 1 yr anniversary on June 20 I believe. Check out her site (http://www.embroidery-boutique.com/) for freebies!!

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com