scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Is it Thursday yet?

Tomorrow I'm meeting my mom in Troy to hand off the kids for the weekend. All 3 of them (bless her). This is week #3 of being out of school and it has been quite a challenge! Browder has been doing VBS this week and Garrison got to go too for a couple of hours yesterday and today. So Mallory & I have had a little bit of QT and quiet time here at home. She & G start "summer school" the week after next. They'll go on Tues & Thurs 9-1, so that'll give me a little QT with Browder and also give me a break from 3 kids. Having 1 or 2 is remarkable easier than 3! Motherhood is HARD! Working from home is HARD! I've got a toddler who is in to everything that isn't locked down (LOVES to put her hands in the toilet, and keeping those bathroom doors closed is a full time job), another who is pottytraining (and doing quite well this week - a couple of days I found him peeing on the floor like a dog) and the oldest who is pretty self sufficient, but asks 257 questions a day! He is so curious about what we are doing and when. You almost can't tell him anything because he will worry you to death! And when he's not asking questions, he is most likely just talking! I really enjoy their naptime b/c I get at least an hour if not two of silence (except for the hum of an embroidery machine). The rest of the day is constant and it comes from all sides and every angle! So they are going to Granmommies to spend a few days which they will LOVE! My parents live out in the country so there are tractors to ride, horses to feed, fish to catch, a dog and a couple of cats and COUSINS to play with! They will have so much fun and by Sunday I will be racing down there to see them b/c the quiet house will have driven me crazy! HA.
*
Jeff is finally on the mends. He went to the Dr. yesterday (our doc) and got another shot. He's got a big golf tourney this weekend so I'm hoping he'll have his A-game!! I will hopefully be lounging by the pool Fri & Sat watching all the other moms chase their kids!
*
I get e-mails a lot from other moms who do this and like most of them, I do it from my dining room table. If you walk in my front door, take 2 steps and you're here! The dining room attaches to our den (it's all pretty much open). On the one hand this is good because if I AM working while the kids are playing I'm right here and can see them. On the other hand, I can't walk through my house without seeing WORK. 3 machines, computer, cords, iron and ironing board, thread, fabric and I have a lovely black wire shelf where I put everyone's stuff. When I finish it then goes to a piece of furniture in my foyer that belonged to my grandmother!! There are curtains hung in my dining room, pictures on the walls, china cabinet and all! On the one hand, if we were to really have company I could take all of the sewing out and it would be a dining room. On the other hand, everything is covered in spray adhesive and I'm crammed in here like a sardine trying to work amongst the china! Not sure what my solution is!!?? I'm not sure which would be more unsightly - a dining room with all my sewing stuff, or this open room with all my sewing stuff and no dining stuff. Arghhhhh!!!!????

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com