scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Memorial Day 2009!

Here is a new design coming soon from EB! My other purse has been very popular, and this one is equally cute! Rachel sent me 6 new designs last week which I finally tested yesterday, and I know she is working on getting the new Dotty applique font on the web soon.
Here is the scalloped patch from a previous post done with a monogram inside rather than a single applique letter. The person I did this for gave me some scrap fabric to use to match some shorts or pants (the orange polka dot). I LOVE this new patch! So many possibilities.

And Happy Memorial Day! I totally forgot I had this cute flag design, so I bought the good ole $3 flag t-shirts for the boys from Walmart today. You can't beat that!! Maybe I can do an applique flag shirt by the 4th of July!?
If you live in Montgomery and have kids, you eat at Chappy's! Lately they have had a yummy cheese pizza on the kids menu. It used to be a real little cheese pizza, but now it's more like pizza sauce & cheese on a flour tortilla (recession pizza perhaps?). Last night we made them at home with the pizza sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. I think Jeff put them on a cookie sheet in the oven first to melt the cheese, then put them on the stove in a skillet just to cook the crust a little crispier (with maybe a little butter). They were GOOD and the kids helped make them, and they loved it! Thank you Chappy's!
*
I still have 4 items to do this weekend from last week's "production schedule"! Then I will start over Monday with everything else. It seems to be going well - although the idea was for me to NOT have to work on the weekends. But, yesterday I only did samples for EB and spent the afternoon on the couch watching The Bachelorette on my TIVO, therefore I'm doing a little bit today! I hope everyone has a great (and dry) holiday weekend!! We're headed to Lake Martin tomorrow to celebrate Browder's 6th b-day, which is Monday! Jeff & I always ponder the fact that 6 years ago all we had was a dog!! Now no dog and 3 kids and an insane amount of craziness!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Just wanted to tell you that your work is awesome and I love looking at all your great ideas! I just started doing some embroidery and I have been keeping up with your site and all that you have done! Thanks for being such an inspiration!

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com