scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our Atlanta Weekend!

Me being "out of commission" meant we spent the weekend in Atlanta this past weekend! We went over Fri. and just took the boys. Jeff had a kitchen/bath show Sat. so we tagged along for a fun family weekend (minus Mallory who is too small!). Fri night we ate at Atlanta Fish Market in Buckhead - YUM! We stayed at the Hampton Inn which the boys LOVED -hotels are so exciting to little kids! Sat. the boys and I shopped and ate lunch, then picked up Jeff and walked around Centennial Park and the boys played on their playgrounds. We then moved to some friends' house from the hotel and had a great time! Sunday we had brunch with family and went to the Braves/Astros game that afternoon. The Braves lost but it was so much fun! Our tickets had passes to the 755 club, which was key to us staying for all 9 innings with a 3 and 6 yr old. (On a side note: if you drive a Lexus, they have an entire parking lot set aside for you to park at. Of course we didn't know that until we had already parked 1/2 mile away at the Orange lot!)Monday - we went to the Georgia Aquarium which was incredible and headed back to Montgomery after that. It was just amazing to see all of the fish and crazy things, like a dragon looking seahorse. And the tiny fragile real seahorses - all things God made! Really incredible! We had a great weekend!

This was at the 755 Club. You can eat lunch inside or out, and they had a section of seating and no one was in it so G was able to play with the seats up and down 2 aisles! It was also "Bark in the Park" day at the game, so an entire section was nothing but Braves fans AND THEIR DOGS!! Small dogs and horse-sized dogs. I'm not sure it smelled so nice and we wondered about all the poop and pee?? It was fun to see though!

Yesterday we had Browder's birthday party (early). He had a joint party with his friend who also has a May birthday and we decided on bowling! His class this year is 10 boys so we invited his class and just a hand full of their other mutual friends. It was so cute and fun, but CRAZY!! And now we are coming upon the week of birthdays. Jeff's is Friday, triplet nieces & nephew Sunday + Mother's Day, Garrison's is Monday, our 8 yr anniversary is Tuesday and Browder's is on the 25th. Worse than Christmas!
*
I have gotten little done since last week (the story of my life)! I did monogram a t-shirt for Garrison yesterday, did 1 bag today and am now working on a t-shirt. I'm thinking tomorrow may be sewing marathon!? And next week is the last week of school, so the embroidery will certainly take on a leisurely pace as I have all 3 kids at home until mid-June!! I'm looking forward to not having to be anywhere every morning. I guess it's time to start working on my tan for the pool??
*
This morning was my last Starbucks session for a while too I think! :( BTW I didn't get a SB all weekend until we were headed home. We stopped to eat at Zaxby's in Newnan and there happened to be a SB right next door. I got a tall Frap and it wasn't that good. But... I got a grande yesterday and it WAS good! I thought the stomach bug had cured me! Today was my weekly meeting so I got another one and again, good! Our weekly meetings are like therapy! There is nothing like being able to sit and relax and laugh and talk to your friends over a frappacino!! Today I sat with a few of my friends and my mom was in town so she was at the next table with her friend!! I was scoping the place out looking for a good spot they could install a playground - good idea huh?

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com