scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hair Bows and the Birthday Hat!!



I meet so many neat people through this blog, including my new friend Debbie who sent me these beautiful hair bows! They are INCREDIBLE! I'm new at the girl thing and LOVE some hair bows, so I was so excited to get these in the mail! I have never seen hair bows like these - strawberry, a little bee, a ladybug and a bouquet! PRECIOUS!! Thanks again Debbie and I can't wait to see the paci clips! She also sent some bottle leashes which are genius!!




This is another thing that I look at when I go to Hobby Lobby and think "I can do that" (just plain ole ribbon baby hair bows). NO I CAN'T!!! I think I'm way craftier than I really am!!






And TA-DA.... here is Mallory's birthday hat (a week late). I have some fine tuning to do, but I think it turned out cute seeing as though I had no idea what I was doing. You can't see the satin ribbon I also attached to tie under her chin. We'll see tomorrow how long she'll keep it on - hopefully long enough for a few pictures! I put her initials on it so hopefully she can use it again or she might just want to play with it. I'll be sure to post pics tomorrow. We're doing the family party here tomorrow afternoon.

If anyone has any tips on making the hat, let me know! I made my own poster board hat and I think next time I at least need to buy a paper birthday hat and undo it and use IT as a template. Mine is leaning to the right a smidge. Someone e-mailed me a link to a magic website which had a template, but I printed it and I think I should have copied and enlarged it. I used their measurements but mine turned out a bit off. Oh well! Like I said, this was a practice run.

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com