scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July (almost)!! Today has been a doozy here at Casa de Gulledge! I was feelin a little Martha-ish today so I decided to make homemade chicken salad and chocolate chip cookies to take to the lake! I'm not talkin about break & bakes, I'm talkin flour & sugar & eggs from scratch! Both are hopefully edible. We've all sampled and no one has turned up sick yet. I did all this cooking while monogramming 20 blankets, juggling 3 kids and their bottles, cheetos and cartoons, watching The Young & The Restless, meeting w/ tile guy and a mono customer, visiting w/ my dad and overseeing painter. I haven't showered yet today and am questioning whether or not I ever brushed my teeth this morning... I put deoderant on before my client came over b/c I couldn't remember if I had applied that either! I've cleaned up a dead roach (discovered it under my china cabinet?), a frog corpse (in the garage corner) and puke (Browder gagged on his own poop smell this morning). Did I mention I've cleaned my Walmart feet twice and spaghettios off the kitchen floor? G has this habit of throwing his plate/bowl/cup down when he's done. There were spaghettios 6 tiles wide. While I was cleaning that up Mallory was crying. I thought she was just fussy til I looked and baby girl had shimmied out of the swing and her feet were still in it and the rest of her was on the floor!! Hmmm... what else?? I'll have to post a pic in a minute of B's "clubhouse". Then picture me curled up on the corner edge of his bed amidst all the pillows & toys. That's where I was at about 5:00 this morning. I finally wheeled M in there after going to reinstall her pacifier for the 4th time. I did manage a SB run during lunch. Thank goodness b/c that was my breakfast, lunch and snack for the day!

I'm pretty sure Martha Stewart didn't start out this way...

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com