scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Machineless in Montgomery

Well...I am back from my day trip over to Georgia! My friend Kristen and her son were gracious enough to ride over with me and the kids, so it was a fun quick trip! We got a Starbucks and hit the road and drove over to West Point which is not a bad drive, and is apparently RIGHT ON the AL/GA line! When we got there we couldn't find the store, seeing as though it isn't really a store just yet (they are set to open maybe the first of September). I called Steve on his cell phone and a few minutes later he appeared out of nowhere!! The whole transaction took place out of the back of my suburban! I didn't get to see inside the store, but he said they will carry a whole line of Brother machines and commercial equipment. They will also carry 4 brands of thread, stabilizers, etc (commercial bulk too). I had my camera but didn't take any pics unfortunately (I wasn't thinking like a blogger)! The best pic would have been my 2 machines (which he is taking to Atlanta) in the back seat of his truck and him seatbelting them in!! I signed a couple of papers and said bye-bye to Steve and my machines! For all I know they have been kidnapped and are being held for ransom! HA. Just kidding!! Anyway, I will hopefully get them back in a couple of days. When he calls I get to drive back over and pick them up. We stopped in Auburn and had lunch at Santa Fe Cattle Company. It is really good and where else can you find a $1.99 kids meal?
*
I feel weird being here without any machines! I do have a regular sewing project I might tackle, or I may just do nothing for a couple of days!! I have a tacky black wire shelf as my "sewing shelf" and I had the bright idea the other day to try to sew a fancy fabric cover for it. At least I could HIDE everything? That's one thing about being in my dining room! I do have some beautiful new curtains hung, then you look at my table and you see computer, ironing board, scissors and all the embroidery junk! Oh well!
*
I'm happy to take any embroidery orders over the next few days, but just know I won't be DOING any embroidery til I get my machines back! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

SSS Creations said...

What is Steve's last name? Is he from Sewing Machine.com or South East Sewing? I think he is the one who sold me my machine. They are great.

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com