scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

Road Trip

Here is a pic of Sissy I took today. Her first reaction was jumping because I caught her, then she struck a pose. I'm training her early on the computer!
As busy as I was last week, I'm now almost completely caught up with the exception of some things that were brought to me Sat. night. This is a good thing... as tomorrow I am heading out to WEST POINT, GA to take my machines in for a (hopefully) quick service. Machine #1 which was completely serviced earlier this year and I've barely used, the top tension is loose as a goose and I can't figure it out. I've taken the "lid" off and tightened a screw. Nothing! It's inoperable completely! My HOPE is that he will say "oh this is an easy fix", tighten a screw or two and send it back to Montomery with me. Machine #2 which I just bought in December but that has a million hours on it b/c I've used it as my primary machine, sounds like a freight train! I plan to leave it with him and he said he should have it fixed in a couple of days. It's actually sewing OK but has some serious issues (I have a list!). I'm taking them to a store in West Point that isn't even open yet. They are opening next week or so (from an Atlanta store) but the guy said he'd be there all day tomorrow and to bring it on. I'm guessing an hour:15/30 drive (with all 3 kids) but I HAVE to get these machines running and fast! My other option was taking it to one guy in town who I had to take it back to 5 times last time, or another guy in town who might keep it for a month. So ROAD TRIP here we go!
*
With all that being said, depending on what happens I may be machine-less for a few days this week and will not be taking any more orders til I get them back. HOPEFULLY he can fix the one and send it home with me. I will update tomorrow!! Ideally I will get a call Thurs or so and road trip back over Fri. afternoon to pick up!
*
Website news: my template was loaded today! YEAH!! I LOVE IT!! I even bought a design from myself and everything seems to work. But... we really want to offer instant download so we're not going public until we get that all worked out! Not sure how long that will take? I've been reading about it and it may as well be in chinese. Who knew a website could require such tech-sense??
*
I have 2 new designs waiting to test and hope to have them listed maybe later tonight! I also have one to test for EB. Rachel & I have decided that I will only test her designs she needs in 5x7 and a friend of mine is going to start testing the rest of her designs! I know she will do great!! I will update tomorrow with machine news and our adventure over to Georgia!!

No comments:

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com