scallop
Applique Cafe

I'VE MOVED...

I'VE MOVED...
TO: WWW.APPLIQUECAFEBLOG.COM

Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Update...

Let's see.... we've been digitizing lots of new designs, but mostly for a customer in Louisiana who is starting a clothing line. Since her first show will be in Jan. for the spring/summer, they are mostly spring/summer designs and we won't be selling them until after she does her shows. This is good and fun for us, but at the same time I feel like we're WAY behind on seasonal designs!! We did do a turkey last night so after I sew it we'll have it listed - maybe later today? What else can you do for Thanksgiving, Halloween? We may do a simple ghost. Scarecrow maybe? Hopefully we can crank out some Christmas designs as well! Again, digitizing is not our "day job" so it's a challenge to get as much done as the big embroidery sites (plus we're starting late in the season)!! After we finish these customs we'll hopefully get down to biz-ness!! And did I mention my little ones have been out of school for a couple of weeks so it's virtually impossible to get much done other than naptime. My sweet Mallory has become very VOCAL and high maintenance lately!! They start back next Wed 9/2 so I'll have MWF mornings free! I DID get the new EB newsletter and Rachel has some cute new designs out! Since I'm not sampling anymore I don't get them all, but she did send me the new santa face, one of the reindeers and the cute elf! And... I have got to find my C'mas designs on my photo CDs from last year and reload them! I deleted them back in May b/c my blog was clogged up.
*
Saturday I went to see Sherri Burgess and Betty Bussey (Rick & Bubba's wives) at Frazer UMC. It was AWESOME! I'm not sure if it's up yet (just checked and it's not, but keep checking), but you can watch it at www.frazerumc.org/noteasilybroken. Sherri was AWESOME and very convicting!! If you listen to R & B you know their son Bronner drowned in their family pool January of 08. Anyway if you think you need a pep talk from the Lord then just listen to her! She was great!!
*
And on a sad note, I was on Facebook one night last week and kept seeing statuses about something that happened in Enterprise (my hometown). I finally found out that a girl I grew up with had tried to commit suicide but was still alive and in the hospital. She finally passed away yesterday and while I haven't seen her in years and years, she was my friend on Facebook as were some of her extended family members and friends. It was one of those things that when you hear it, you can't help but think about it and pray about it constantly, even though I had not seen her in forever. She left behind 2 children and lots of friends and family who loved her! Just a horrible situation that is hard to comprehend!!
*
And.... Thursday my bible study group met with a special speaker (Lou Priolo - his books are sold on Amazon and he happens to sit in front of me most Sundays at church). He did a lesson on submission and it was GREAT! So I'm thinking the good Lord was speaking to me through all of these avenues and making me look at my own life and relationships! Love embroidery, but sometimes you can get so bogged down in it so I'm feeling a little refreshed and hope to continue to "reflect" on all these things, the good and the bad!
*
Mallory is screaming her head off so that's all the time I have!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love your new site and designs! Keep 'em coming! My two cents about seasonal designs is to also have true seasonal designs that aren't holiday specific. I'd rather buy an acorn design or snowman design that something that's specifically for a holiday like a turkey or a Santa. That way my kids get more wear out of it! I love the simple designs too!

 
scallop

design: boutiquemama.com